Monday, August 31, 2009

My new bestie

I have a new BFF. It is the local library.

Until a few months ago, it had literally been YEARS since I had utilized the library. One day, it dawned on me, that there is no point in spending money to buy a book that I'm going to read one time when I can borrow it for free. I've also come to realize, even though I'm not elderly, I like audiobooks :0)

So far I've listened to only three, but I've enjoyed them. They are: s.Tori Te.lling, and two autobiographies from P.atricia Heat.on, and Re.ba Mc.Intire (those two women are awesome!). I've also read some self-help books, and a couple other stories.

Today I just picked up two "diet/lifestyle" books. We'll see how far I get.

One of the ones I just returned was Navigating the Land of IF, by Mel at Stirrup Queens. It was interesting. I wish I would have had that book when I first started my journey.

It's funny, I was thinking today that the library (at least the way I use it) is a lot like Ne.tflix. I have a whole variety of books and audiobooks on hold and they randomly become available, so it's always a surprise when I get the email saying I have a book ready.

The only bummer is that most of the really popular books have a long waiting list. A couple of the books I've wanted are about 40-50 people long. Oh well, I'm not in THAT much of a hurry I guess.

In AF news...I'm LIGHTLY spotting off and on. Hopefully tomorrow will progress a little more...I would just like to be able to have my cd2 appointment before this weekend. But, alas, I have no control. *sigh*

Happy Monday all!

3 comments:

melissa said...

I'm so happy you love the library!!! Those long waits are kind of a pain, but sometimes they go really fast. It's so worth it, though.

Just Believing said...

OMG I love the library! I went on vacation and racked up a $20 late fee so until I can pay it I can't go! But I love it!

InfertileNaomi said...

I love the library but don't like when the librarians look at me strangely for taking out a fertility book.