Thursday, August 6, 2009

This cycle's Rx: BCP

You guessed it! The cyst is still there. Dang it!!!

The remedy? Birth.Control.Pills. It seems so backwards, but I know that's how it works.

It is pretty darn close to exactly 4 years ago, to the day, that I quit taking them.

The doctor was going over my chart. He said, "You've had three ovulatory cycles, with well timed IUI's and good sperm. Why aren't you pregnant?"

Uh, gee, you're the doc, why don't you tell me? I didn't say anything, I just waited for him to continue. He said I may have endometriosis and that could be why I'm not pregnant.

I asked if I did have it, would that mean my uterine lining isn't allowing the egg to attach? He said no, it basically means that my fallopian tubes are getting confused and moving toward the blood blisters (the little cysts I have on my ovaries) instead of the ONE follicle I'm growing each cycle. The solution is to do a SUPER ovulatory (multiple follicles) cycle the next time and see if that works. He asked how many ampules of Fostimon I have. I have 33. He said to prepare myself to burn through my supply this next cycle. **gulp**

Until the next cycle, I'm taking three weeks of bcp's. I'm to call his office the day I start my period and I go in day two for an u/s and if all looks good to go, day 3 will be the start of my injections.

Good news though, the u/s today (which they were and hour and a half late in calling me back), was billable to insurance because it was for an ovarian cyst. Yay! That'll save me $50 (I'll still have to pay the copay).

2 comments:

finding_ac said...

darn....but hey, if you do have endo- at least that would be a diagnosis and he could help you with that, and you could stop wasting time doing things that arent getting you pregs...lots of women with endo get pregs!

keep your chin up!

♥ ac

Trina said...

YAY for billing the INS! Sorry to hear about the rest! NO MORE INJECTIONS! that sucks friend!If you think about it though, it's going to make you thuper tough!