Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My very first Show and Tell


Show and Tell


This is my very first time to participate in Mel's Show and Tell. Today I will be showing my(very proud)self holding a lil gator. My parents took the whole family (me, hubby, my bro and his gf) to Florida for our Christmas present. Among other things, one of our outings was riding in an airboat. After the ride we had the opportunity to hold a baby gator. It was so cold and squishy. I though for sure it'd be hard and scaly on the bottom. This is quite a feat for me, since I HATE snakes or any reptiles...so holding this scaly creature is a big deal. Without any further ado...


10 comments:

Big Mama T said...

Yay for conquering (or at least momentarily enduring ;-) ) a fear!

Kristin said...

How cool! I've held snakes but never a gator. BTW, I love your profile pic in the sidebar. You look lovely in that pic.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Woohoo! That's awesome! Way brave!

Welcome to S&T!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I'm impressed! I loathe reptiles so I understand it being a big deal. Way to go!

And congrats on your first Show and Tell!
~Not a Fertile Myrtle~

Lin said...

Welcome to show & tell! It was my first week, too. Lil Gator is kind of a cute little guy... ;-)

Katie said...

how cool! Welcome to Show & Tell. I think this is a great first entry

HC said...

Whoooaaa sister! I would have been soo scared.You look like you are in complete control.

Once A Mother said...

You are BRAVER than me...I could never pick up a little gator. I wanted to comment also about your other post, the newer one. I am really sorry you're feeling so low, I hope that tomorrow is an easier day.

Anonymous said...

I don't like slimy things. It's great to day you held a gator

Calliope said...

That is an awesome photo! I have yet to dip my toe into the awesome world of shoe & tell- but this is a very cool entry.

AND I am using it for my BINGO today. WOOOO!!!!


(also read some of your more recent posts and just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. The sadness and depression while cycling is something I am very, very, very familiar with and if you ever want to e-mail a stranger about it I am here.)