Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's a mystery!

Starting last Thursday afternoon my right forearm muscle started getting pretty sore. Over the next few hours both of my forearms were getting really really sore.

I woke up about 1:30am Friday more with really bad muscle pain in both arms from my armpits to my wrists. It hurt to even move my fingers because that moved my forearm muscles. It felt like I had bench pressed 500lbs.

To go along with it, on Thursday morning I started getting a sore throat. It wasn't scratchy, but just felt like a lump on the inside of my throat. Actually at first, I thought my vitamin had gotten stuck...but it hadn't.

Anyway, so Friday morning I called my general doctor's office to make an appointment. When I met with him I told him about the BCP I've been taking and about my sore throat and my sore muscles. I told him it wasn't joint pain, there has been no tingling or numbness. The outcome of the appointment? He has no idea what's going on. He doesn't think it's a side effect from the pill. We went over my activities for the week. I explained I had been a complete slug the whole week. Remember from my previous posts, I've been Debby Downer this week. I would basically come home from work put on my pj's and watch TV or read a book. That's it. He was stumped. He prescribed me some ibuprofen and said to stretch and ice and let him know if it gets worse or if it's not better in 5-7 days.

Well, I'll be calling him tomorrow. Friday night I thought I'd noticed my thigh muscle getting sore, but I figured I was just being paranoid. Yesterday Hubby and I decided to head to W.estport for the day for something to do. I popped some ibuprofen and I was feeling pretty...functional. Last night my legs got bad. Both legs, in my thigh and calf are really sore now. About 3am last night Hubby got me some more pain meds. It was bad.

This morning my throat is still sore (has been since Thursday), my arms and legs are still sore - in fact it has been really uncomfortable typing this post. I have an office job, so tomorrow should be fun, typing, running around the office and talking on the phone. Sigh.

I hope he can figure out what's going on. From all the research I've found online the two things that have popped up the most are Fi.bromyalgia and Ly.me disease. Who knows. One story I read was from a guy writing about his fiance. She has had unexplained muscle pain for four months and the docs don't know why. Excellent.

Anywho, I'll keep you posted.

In IF related news...I should be done with the pill on Thursday. Woot! Woot!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Maybe you have polio. Ha ha.