Friday, November 21, 2008

Death by cramps

I just have to share really quick that I thought I was going to die Wednesday night from my cramps. All during the day I felt crappy and a little crampy, but not bad. The evening rolled around and it started to get worse, but totally manageable. Then about 9:30p they got super bad. I was reclining in our...well, recliner and one of the dogs needed to go out. I got up and doubled over. It was bad. I managed to let him out and get all three of them put to bed (in their crates) and then I went to bed. I was home alone as usual, and I texted my husband. He offered to go to Walmart and pick up a heating pad, but he was on his way home from work and I didn't want to make him turn around. He even called his mom (she's only about a mile away from our house) to borrow hers, but she was already in bed. Anywho, I popped some midol, laid in the fetal position for a good 45 minutes and finally fell asleep.

I think those were the worst cramps of my life. I don't know if it is the build up of clomid over the last 12 months or so, but man, it sucked. This overall has probably been the worst period that I can remember with cramps so intense and lasting so long (usually they are just day one and two - but today is day three and they are still around...ugh). Thankfully, yesterday I got that heating pad from my mom-n-law (hello C!) and it helped a lot last night (the dogs liked snuggling with me while it was on!).

It's funny though, when I was writhing in pain in bed, I was thinking how labor is probably 10 times worse, and I thought "hey, I can handle it!" - lol, we'll see!

Okay, that wasn't such a short story, but I wanted to share.

P.S. I'm off to see NKOTB tomorrow night! I'll try to post some pics on Sunday!

No comments: