Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The good, the bad, and the triglycerides

Well, well, well. I got my test results for my glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and kidneys. The good news is my kidneys, glucose and HDL (good) cholesterol are normal or average. The bad news...my LDL is "not calculable with high triglycerides" - per the doc's note.

So here are my numbers:

Cholesterol - 267 - normal is less than 200
HDL (good) - 42 - normal is over 40
Blood sugar - 96 - normal is between 60 and 99

Now, brace yourself for the next number...

...435!!!!!! That is my triglyceride level!!! It should be less than 150!!!!! I think I feel my heart slowing already!!! Terrible, terrible number!

Okay, so what now? Well, yesterday I was complaining about how lazy I am and that I needed a kick in the arse...well, I think I got it today! Tomorrow is a new day. Goodbye bread, pasta, and sugar! I am dramatically cutting back on my diet. It is an emergency!

I have a few containers of yogurt left, after those are gone, I am going to plain yogurt and adding fresh fruit. Or heck, maybe I'll go back to eating oatmeal every morning. Lunch...what to do for lunch?...I will bring dinner leftovers when possible, or bring a salad. What choice do I have? No more fast food!

Dinner...fish and chicken. No more beef (not that I am a big beef eater anyway). And brown rice. Bleh...if anyone has a good recipe for brown rice, let me know...

And last but definitely not least...EXERCISE! Tomorrow my ass will be on the treadmill. No more excuses!

Wow, what a wake up call!

Oh, and since I am on a roll talking about my horrible diet, etc...I will finally reveal my weight **gulp** I am currently at 270. Yes, I know that is high, but I am also 6ft tall. Also, I have lost 10lbs since May. Well, there you have it folks. That is my dirty, not so little, secret.

I just have to keep telling myself "Tomorrow is a brand new day. Tomorrow is a brand new day."

No comments: