Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm ready to hatch!

Yeah!! Finally, good news! My little egg was 17.8mm this morning. Woohoo! I got my hcg injection and now we gotta get busy for a couple of days.

I do have a comment though...I think this fertility place does not keep close enough tabs on what the nurses relay to the patients. My first few cycles (since we are doing "timed" instead of IUI) they gave me my shot and then said the next day and every other day for three days to "cuddle". Well, then, I had a nurse tell me on like cycle 4 that we should "cuddle" the day before my appointment, then I would get my shot and then we'd do it the next day and every other day for a few days.

Now today, cycle number six, the (very pregnant) nurse told me to do it TONIGHT and tomorrow and that's it. She said she's been doing this for 11 years and doing it more than three days after does no good.

I am totally going to listen to her, she obviously knows her stuff, since she is knocked up, but geez people, can we get some consistency???

Well, here's to hoping the pregnant lady knows what she's talking about! Ugh...now for the dreaded two week wait...I can't wait for the 17th already!

OH! And today is the day I planned to start my better lifestyle changes. So far so good. In the car on the way to Seattle I had a huge thing of water and a granola bar. When I got back to Oly, I had to stop for gas, so I ran into Safeway and got stuff for lunch and more breakfast, because I was starving. I got a yogurt, banana and string cheese for breakfast. I grabbed a veggie/humus wrap and string cheese for lunch.

I saw a bunch of carrot cake in the fridge at work from last week's birthday party, mmm, that sounded good, but I resited. Yay me :0)

I have my "regular" doctor visit today and then my consultation with the new fertility place tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck! /jealous! :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry about the inconsistency. That's weird!!

Good luck!

And - with the weight loss - slow and steady. Lisa talked about how she lost 70lb in a year on slim fast. I've lost 14-15 lb, but it's been slow (and I've been walking too). It's all about the exercise and watching what you eat. You sound like you're on your way! At first I was really hungry not eating all the time (because seriously that's what I was doing), but now I'm fine. Good luck!!