Thursday, July 9, 2009

10 things I hate about infertility

**in no particular order**

10) Wacky hormones
9)Emotional roller coasters
8) having no control
7) the emotional and physical pain
6) the financial burden
5) having no guarantees
4) lack of understanding/support from fertiles
3) the strain on relationships with family, friends and spouse
2) lack of support from fertiles
1) everyone thinking they have the "secret" to getting pregnant

I have thought that if I just tell everyone about our fertility issues and our treatment it would be easier than lying about when we are having kids and why we don't have them already and do we even want kids. I'm finding though that telling people about my fertility struggles makes them feel like they need to dish out advice. It is so friggin' annoying. I don't understand why when I tell someone I don't ovulate on my own that they think relaxing and taking a vacation and stop "trying" and it will happen. Since when did they become experts? And why do people think it's funny to joke about taking their kids? No, I do not want YOUR kids. I want my own. If I wanted someone else's kids I'd adopt. And yes, adoption is good for some, but not all. And no, I don't need to start to try to adopt and then I'll get pregnant. Ugh. I'm so sick of all this bull shit. Please, oh please God, let this cycle be the one!! My sanity can't take much more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I feel your pain babe. My DH and I made the decision to not tell anyone we were trying in order to avoid those crappy comments. It has kind of worked. I just lie through my teeth when people ask. I think it helps keep me a little more sane.

Your post struck me so, that I wrote one too and referenced yours. I hope that's okay.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Just Believing said...

Ugh its so true how everyone thinks they know how to make you pregnant...I just wanna say DID I ASK YOU FOR ADVICE!!! I feel ya girl!

finding_ac said...

how about this...i FREAKING hate it when people act like you are gonna steal thier baby, just cause you said you were having trouble concieving...like you were from a friggin lifetime movie or something...it pisses me off.

like today someone new was in our church and they brought a baby- and he was super cute- but super tired crying most of the service, my husband kept mentioning how cute the child was and thought it would be nice to introduce ourselvs to them, since the couple was about our age...that was nice untill someone else i knew decided to blab about me having m/c's and having trouble having a kid...then the dad (who was no holding the sleeping child) as i mentioned how lucky they were swung the kid away and said "you cant steal our baby"...and everyone laughed like it was a funny joke...and i was pissed, cause why would someone assume something so aweful- even if they did think that was a joke...i am an infertile not a looney...gah!!

♥ ac

InfertileNaomi said...

Great 10 reasons although there are many many more!