Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What a pain in the butt...literally!

Holy cow! Ouch. My husband is a trooper for injecting me, but he is no nurse! I feel really bad complaining about his skill and the pain, because I know he feels really bad and would rather have the injection himself than give it to me, but ouch!

Injections started yesterday. I raced home from work to catch him before he left for work and I got my first one. It wasn't SO bad, it definitely was a good pinch and some burning from the meds, but all-in-all, not too bad.

We decided to have him give me the rest of the injections this week before he goes to bed (between 3-5am). So I got the second one this morning. About 3:30 he comes in and turns on some lights, I roll onto my tummy and bury my face in the mattress, he swabs my cheek with the alcohol wipe grabs a hunk and wham! jabs the needle in. I wanted to fly off the bed. It hurt so bad! I tried to keep quiet but even the needle was moving while it was injected the meds. I think I was saying "ow, ow, ow, ow...." over and over again until he was done. Needless to say I had a hard time falling back to sleep (I didn't even originally fall asleep until at least midnight if not later). My alarm starting going off at 6:30. I wanted to cry.

Today both cheeks are sore, I've been having hot flashes already (but that could be from the Femara too). From what I could find online most women feel sick on these meds. Great...I can't wait...

To top it all off this morning, my little Wally dog is in bad shape. He had back surgery about a year and a half ago because he has a few herniated discs. The odds of it reoccurring are like 2% or less...well I think it might be back. Last weekend he was whining a limping around but he got better the next day. Last night he was running around fine and we put him in his crate while we watched a movie and when we let him out he was walking but whining. This morning he can barely walk 10ft at a time before laying down. If I pick him up he cries. I made him a vet appt this morning. I'm bringing him in at 1pm this afternoon. There is no way we could afford another surgery, so if it's his back, hopefully some steroids or a little doggy wheelchair will work for him. Poor little guy.

I'll keep you all posted. Happy Hump Day!!

1 comment:

finding_ac said...

oh...when you hold that baby in your arms you wont give a darn about the pain from some stupid shots!!! and i vote yes on buying a doggie wheelchair!

♥ ac