Monday, July 20, 2009

Word of the day: Tenaculum

Wow. Ouch, like MEGA ouch!

No words can describe how utterly painful my IUI was today. There has been nothing worse in my life that I can remember.

Once again, I sat in the waiting room for a while and then was brought back to my room and sat half naked on the table for a good half hour. I think by the time the procedure started it was an hour after my appointment time. Ugg.

Procedure starts as normal...then...he has trouble getting the catheter into my cervix. he tried for a while and then asked for a tenaculum. I'm thinking "uh, oh, that doesn't sound pleasant." Well, bingo! I was right. He said I'd feel a "little" pinch. BS! I about flew off the table! After that was in and he asked for the dialator. I pretty much don't remember much. I was laying there with tears coming down my face thinking "what the hell am I doing here? Am I trying too hard? Is there such a thing?" I don't know how you other ladies do it who have been through this and worse. I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end, but man oh man, it is hard to keep my eye on the prize.

Oh and if you're curious - google it. Make sure you google "tenaculum cervix" - it makes a difference.

I go back on Thursday for ANOTHER ultrasound to make sure my follie burst, then progestone test next Monday.

I'm popping some pain meds and hitting the couch. Later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word: colposcopy... I can well imagine the pain you're feeling right now!

Hope your IUI takes and you get your BFP!! Best of luck!!

Just Believing said...

sounds painful!!!!

Jess said...

Sadly, I feel your pain from when I had an HSG... Quite possibly one of the most painful experiences. Just remember why we're doing this, sweetie!

Amanda said...

So I'm reading the title of your post and thinking, "I know that word, what does it mean again?" And then in flash I remembered (I've never had one used on my but I hear they are torture) so I had to click over and hear the story. Sorry, you poor thing, IUI's aren't suppose to hurt! Hopefully it's the last.

finding_ac said...

i googled it and read this lesbians post that seemed to experience the same thing as you... when i was leaving after i saw you i kept thinking whether or not you had taken pain meds to deal with the pain...why havent we hung out yet?

♥ ac