Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hope or no hope? Tomorrow will decide.

After doing some research I've found that I could have one of two types of cysts. One is a follicular cyst, which means my egg didn't release and the follicle just kept growing. Or I could have a corpus luteum cyst which means I did ovulate, but the part where the egg broke through sealed back up and continued to be filled with fluid.

I'm hoping for number two.

Tomorrow I'm having my blood drawn to check my progesterone. It will tell me if I ovulated. (doc even said I could have ovulated from another follicle that he didn't see - doubt it). Hopefully he'll call me tomorrow evening with the results.

So far, these last 5ish days I haven't stressed about this cycle at all. Knowing that I possibly didn't ovulate just kind of makes me roll my eyes and think, big surprise, my body isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

Good news for me, and something I'm actually looking forward to, is to see how this year ends. I figure I will either a) be pregnant, or b) we will have exhausted all our IUI attempts and we'll be done trying to conceive.

No way we can afford IVF. Maybe in a year or two of saving. As it is, we can barely afford what we are doing now. So when we're done with IUI's then we're done. Doc said we'll do up to six. This one was number three...so three more to go.

2 comments:

finding_ac said...

ug...well hopefully this is the time, eh?

♥ ac

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are on the exact same cycle timing. I find out my progesterone today too! Hopefully you ovulated from another follicle. I will be thinking of you.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com