Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today started with a bang! (sans fireworks)

I had my u/s this morning. And whaduya know...my reproductive system isn't doing jack...It came as no surprise to the doctor and I, but he had to see what was going on before breaking out the prescription pad. After the "wanding" I got dressed and met him in his office.

My last post I was SHOCKED that Dr. M had taken the initiative to call me, but today surprised me more....

He actually started suggesting ways to modify what we're doing so I could get knocked up faster. Go figure! He asked me how I felt about continuing the Femara (7.5mg) and adding injectables. As soon as he said the "I" word, I kind of cringed. I HATE NEEDLES. Thankfully though, these injectables are one a day for only 5 days. AND thankfully, I don't have to go to the pharmacy to get them. Apparently, when his patients get knocked up, he offers to take back their meds and sell them for the patients. So I got my drugs for only $10 a dose instead of $20. I had to buy 7, because that was what was left in the box, but ya, whateva! It was cheaper than I thought.

ANOTHER bonus, it he wants me to start right away - no waiting for Provera and starting my period (which surprised me). Ideally today, but all the pharmacies in the area are closed for the holiday. My pharmacy opens back up tomorrow, so I'll head in there with my Rx for Femara, and to see if they've got some needles.

Monday, Hubby and I are going in so he can learn how to inject me. Unfortunately, I'll have to watch and pay attention - which I don't like to do because, like I said, I hate needles. I don't even like to look at them. But, I want to make sure Hubs pays attention :0)

So, tomorrow I'll start Femara, Tuesday I'll start the Fostimon - each for 5 days. On the last day of the shots I got in for an ultrasound and see what's going on. He said we are ideally hoping for 2-6 follicles!!! I know doctors don't WANT multiples, because it is a more difficult pregnancy and delivery, but I would LOVE it if we could have twins. Then we'd be done! We're are even considering being done with one - if it ever happens...but I'm not counting my chickens yet. One step at a time!

Anywho, I'm very very pleased with my appointment today. Now I'm off to Google whatever I can find about Fostimon...I know nothing about it. If anyone has any experience with this drug, please let me know how you felt on it or if it worked for you, etc.

Happy 4th of July all! Have a safe and fun night!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm really excited for you! Best of luck, and please keep us updated!

finding_ac said...

i think that this is so awesome...how is that for perfect timing?? i cant wait for your next us so i can see whats up!lol

♥ ac