Wednesday, July 15, 2009

9 days of injections, and...

...we're making progress.

I went in for my u/s today and I have one follie at 16mm on the left and a little smaller one on the right. I'm to continue to alternate between single and double doses for the next two days. I'm to start taking the ovulation tests tomorrow morning. I go back in for another u/s on Friday.

I didn't have much time to talk to the doc because he was getting ready to leave to deliver a baby, but I wanted to ask him about what makes me taking these injections different from what I was doing before with just the femara? I mean if I only have one ready to go, the femara was doing the same thing, so are the injections a waste of time and money? I'm going to bring it up on Friday if I don't end up with two follies. We should either up the injections or just stick to the Femara...we'll see.

Dr. M is either still playing catch up from his vacation or he is just really swamped lately. They had to cancel the rest of the appointments today (I barely got in actually). Tomorrow I heard them saying they had appointments scheduled until 8PM!! Anyway, I don't even know when my appointment is, but she told me to be there at 5:30 and bring a book. Yipee...

Lastly...he gave me a prescription for more Fostimon...30 more to be exact. He gave me some info to use a mail in pharmacy - in Italy. He said it is the cheapest place to get that drug (and the drug is European) I have to mail them my prescription and I can use a credit card online. I'm going to google it and see what I can find out about it. His office have been using them since at least 2006, so they can't be too bad.

OH! And someone screwed up my prescription for the syringes and filter needles. I have two refills on the syringes, and zero on the filter needles. Either the pharmacy screwed up or Dr. M forgot to put refills on the filter needles. Nice. I called and left his office a message. I just hope the pharmacy has them in stock because tonight is my last set of needles. Ugh.

Anway, I'll update you as usual :0)

1 comment:

finding_ac said...

i think it is so neat to watch your journey right now...you are so much farther than you have ever been in actually making a real live baby..so i am just giddy with elatement!

♥ ac