Thursday, July 30, 2009

Still no results

I've been (im)patiently waiting for my progesterone test results since Monday. I finally decided last night though, that it doesn't really matter what the result is. I'll either get my period this weekend or I won't. I haven't even seriously considered taking a pregnancy test this month. It just doesn't matter. What's done is done, and know amount of testing is going to change the result.

We may be done with TTC sooner rather than later. I think we can do one more cycle and then we have to give our bank account a rest. We've basically have done 10 cycles of fertility treatments in the last year and a half. We, and our wallets need a break...like maybe for a year or more. We've talked about taking out some money from my retirement account, but I just really don't think that is a good idea. I've always been of the mentality not to "force" anything, if it's meant to be it will work itself out. I feel like I'm already sort of "forcing" a pregnancy by doing all these meds and IUI's but I think that is the farthest I can take it. I don't think I can go to IVF - I know our wallets won't be able to handle it for quite a while.

The idea of finally getting pregnant and being in debt is just not appealing to me at all. I know kids are expensive - although, I think they'll be cheaper per month than this treatment is!

So, yes, while I am still checking my phone multiple times a day for a call from the doctors office, it really doesn't matter that much. I called yesterday and left a message about my results, but I'm not even going to bother today.

If my math is right AF should be here on Saturday. Yippy skippy!

1 comment:

TTC'er said...

I just stumbled across your blog, I've been TTC for over a year myself. Of course I always get really bummed when my period arrives but a friend reminds me to be patient b/c God is just busy looking for the perfect babies for us. I hope you get the big fat positive soon.