Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Fat NEGATIVE

Well...there's really not much to say. I took a test Sunday around 6pm. It was negative. Then around 9pm, Aunt Flo came to visit. Nice, huh?

This was one of the biggest let downs simply because we had double the chance (40% this time). I guess I need to remember, I still had a 60% chance of it not working...I wish the odds were flipped.

So, here I am waiting for AF to settle in and unpack her bags so I can start popping pills again...and around and around we go!

I just have to remember that the last couple of cycles have been better than the first three, so maybe this one will be good to. I hope I am ready on day 12 (when I go up to Seattle), so I only have to make one trip...and only spend $180, instead of $300+.

Oh, and one more thought. Up until last night I was compeletly against even considering IVF (in-vitro fertilization). I am still hung up on a) the price - at the cheapest about $4,500!! and b) do I really want a "science project" baby? Now, I know people choose to go this route all the time...and I TOTALLY don't judge them, I just don't know if it is for me. Like I said, the cost is a huge factor, but if I would have just done IVF from the start, we would have at least paid for one cycle already. Also, I REALLY hate needles, like really...and IVF involves a lot of needles. THere are all sorts of medications you have to shoot yourself up with. I told A that if we did go that route, then I would be making him inject me, I don't think I could do it myself. Basically, you have to do a lot of injectables and I think some pills to make a bunch (like 20 or so) follicles. Then they harvest the follicles and take A's sperm and force them into the follicles (eggs). Then after a period of time they take the best one or two eggs and put them in my uterus (via catheter), then we cross our fingers that one of them implants. The stats for this is about 51% chance that it will work...but that is also a 49% chance it won't...basically your odds at Black Jack. So we are waiting now to see what the doc says after my refills are gone (after this cycle) and we'll go from there...

**Heavy sigh** Here we go with cycle six! Stay tuned...

No comments: