Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dreaming

So, I wonder if dreams have anything to do with reality. I occasionally have dreams about what is really going on in my life, but most of the time they are totally random.

I started last week having dreams about having a baby. Not the labor, but actually having my own baby. My first dream was about me feeding my little (girl) newborn. I keep telling myself to remember to change her diaper after she’s done eating and before she takes a nap. Well I forgot to change it before she napped, so when she got up, I told myself again that I needed to change her diaper. Well I went to get her changed and realized I had no wipes or diapers or anything. That was the end of my dream.

I talked to my husband about it and I said maybe it means I am not prepared to have a baby? It that what that dream was trying to tell me?
I had another dream last night about babies, but of course the harder I try to remember it the more it fades away…

I don’t know if I am having these dreams because I am SUPER hoping that this cycle is the one or if my body is secretly trying to tell me something. I still have about 4 more days to wait before I’ll allow myself to take a test, so that is on the brain -CONSTANTLY!

Also, since the brother-in-law moved out this last weekend I’ve been cleaning and am painting his room tonight. Maybe since I keep picturing it as a nursery that is why I’m dreaming about babies. I’m sure there are a million reasons for my dreams…I just hope they mean something!
Speaking of “the nursery”, I really needed to paint that empty bedroom since that was the only room in the house we didn’t paint when me moved in, and since the walls are trashed from a zillion nail and screw holes…**urg!**…Anyway, I needed to paint it but was hesitating because if we do end up pregnant anytime soon, I didn’t want to have to repaint when we found out the sex. Well to solve that problem I am painting it green. A nice light sage-ish green. I think it is pretty. The color is called “willow” something. I figured it was a nice neutral color that would be easy to add pinks or browns or blues to - he he he :0)

I also have to admit, that I've been visualizing how to decorate my green nursery if I have twins and there is one of each sex. I was picturing how I could divide the room to decorate one for the girl and one for the boy...I guess I am really putting the cart before the horse on this one...baby steps...(no pun intended!)

I can’t help but get my hopes up about this time - I have double the chance!!!

No comments: