Friday, October 23, 2009

Feeling like poo

Although I was expecting morning sickness, I didn't really know what to expect. Even though I haven't thrown up yet, I've felt like I've been on the verge for a few hours already today.

Last week is when it started, but it was just off and on for short spurts throughout the day. Now, it is for most of the day. I have to eat small meals often because if I eat too much I feel sick and if I get hungry I feel sick. Last night I made some chicken, green beans and some pasta...it smelled good while I was cooking it, but when it came time to eat it sounded so gross! I choked some of it down, but I was so hungry I knew I had to eat. I ate as much as I could then half an hour later I got myself a bowl of Chex.

Yesterday was by far the hungriest I've been too. I felt like a bottomless pit. I was telling a couple of my friends today how it is even possible for two little beings the size of a grain of rice can suck the life right out of me already? Believe me I do not want to complain about this one bit. I know it is temporary, and if I want a baby...or two...I will have to endure. It doesn't make it all rainbows and sunshine though :0)

I came into work 2 1/2 hours late today. I woke up so exhausted because I haven't slept well for the last 3 weeks or so. I decided if I was going to be nauseous, which I knew I would, I didn't want to be exhausted too. So I slept until 9:30 this morning then got ready and was to work by 10:30. Since then, I've felt pretty crummy. I had some breakfast before I came in, and for the last 1/2 hour I've been nibbling on a tiny cup of applesauce. All I wanna do is lay down :0)

Thanks goodness it's Friday! I have two whole days to be lazy!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Try popsicles and plain noodles. I know its not healthy but the popsicles are soothing and the plain noodles are easy to keep down

Anonymous said...

Yah!! Congrats on the twins! I have been a behind in my reading sorry.

Don't worry about that cooking and not being able to eat the food thing. That happens to me all the time and I'm not even pregnant!

1luckychick said...

Wow, congrats on the twins! How great!

I know the nasty feelings but you got them X 2!!!

I love mexican food and can't even smell it since being preggo! I would puke right there! It gets better...so they say! LOL I am 14 weeks and still have nasty headaches and can eat more than my husband lately!! Woo hoo!! Wouldn't trade this pregnancy for the world though!

Heather Poe said...

Aahhhh yes, welcome to the first trimester. You'll find that you're an emotional and physical mess until the second trimester...then everything is fantastic...then the third trimester hits and then you feel like crap again. It's a lovely experience. :) The key is to always have something in your stomach. Rice stays in the stomach for a long time, maybe it will help you.