Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I decided to battle, and I won

Actually, it wasn't much of a battle at all.

Like I said in my previous post, having my mom go the appointment was bugging me since she asked. After posting I decided I might as well call her. It is obviously important to me if I kept dwelling on it. I didn't even need to grow a pair. I figured she'd understand, and if she didn't it was her problem.

I called my parent's house and my dad answered the phone. My mom wasn't home so he said he'll have her call me. About 15 mins later she called. I simply asked her if she wouldn't mind if we went alone to the appointment. She said no problem! She said she understands it's a intimate thing and that is why she asked if it was okay. I told her I felt bad because I knew she was excited. She really was okay with it, believe me, I can tell from her tone. I promised I would call her as soon as we were done.

I'm so relieved. Yes, I was mad that she is only choosing to be involved in the "good stuff", but it also was the fact that so much of the fertility treatments are not personal and private. I wanted to have a moment with Hubby to share (even though the doc and the nurse will be there - and of course I will be probed). Still...I think you know what I mean.

I feel so much better. Like there is a weight lifted from my chest. Ah...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad you picked this battle! It'll make the experience better for you too. Good luck!