Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To test or not to test? That is the question.

Oh...my...goodness. I am losing my mind. I have not been this obsessed about all things "early pregnancy" in I don't know how long. I know that stressing is not doing my body any good, but I can't help it.

I really thought I should just wait until Saturday before I took a test, since I'd most likely get my period by then. If I didn't get it then I could test...Well, I don't know if I can hold out that long. I'm really afraid of the disappointment and if I just assume I'm getting my period the negative test or the eventual arrive of AF won't be so devestating, but I'm really not sure.

Help! I need advice! Do I just test to relieve this obsession or hold out and save the 5 bucks on a test and any presumable disappointment??? I had the IUI on cd19, I probably ovulated on cd20. Today is only cd28...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am totally addicted to poas. So, Don't listen to me! you were warned.

**TEST**

If negative, wait to see if you're late and test again. I tested too early and got my booster shot..you would think that would make me wait till Friday...nope! testing again tonight.

melissa said...

I would say wait. It's still so early that you could maybe get a negative that doesn't really mean negative. How about compromise with yourself and test on Thursday? That will give your body two more days (although you could still get a false negative), but give your mind two less days of waiting. That's what I would do.

One Blessed Momma! said...

Well, I'm at least not testing tonight. That is all I can promise. THANKFULLY, I have plans afterwork that will keep me busy for a couple of hours. Now I just need the will power to get through tomorrow...**gulp**

Just Believing said...

i think if possible stay busy and wait until at least 10 dpo that seems to be the earliest i have ever heard anyone testing positive...i will so be thinking and praying for a BFP!!!

Ashley said...

I always had a hard time testing. I wanted the blood level results as proof because I never would have believed the HPT, even if it was positive. HA! Good luck and keep us posted!