Monday, June 1, 2009

I think I lost my brain...

I don't know where my mind had been lately. I am really not paying attention to anything. I finished taking the last of the Femara last Wednesday. I was scheduled to start taking the ovulation tests yesterday morning.

Well, I took all the pills on time, but when Friday rolled around I had a mini panic attack when I thought about what cycle day it was. I had no clue! That is so unlike me to be so spacy about cycle days and knowing exactly what and when I am doing stuff. All day Saturday I didn't think about taking the test. Normally I'd have the box in the bathroom, usually with one of the tests already out and laying on the counter ready for the morning.

Nope. Not. Even. Close. I ended up doing a little...or rather a lot of drinking on Saturday night (which resulted in a major hangover on Sunday). Needless to say, taking the test was the last thing on my mind. I left the house for a few hours that day and got home about 3pm. I dinked around the house, then - ah! I realized I still hadn't taken the test! So I go to the bathroom took the test (it is now about 4pm). I decided to leave the bathroom for a few minutes so it could process instead of staring at it. Well, I left the bathroom, went out to the couch...and took a nap!

I mean seriously...what is my issue!?!?! Totally irresponsible! Finally about 6pm, hubby goes into the bathroom and says "uh...did you ever look at your test?" AH! Freak out again. I run back there to see two lines on the test! THANKFULLY, the second line wasn't as dark as the control line, so it wasn't positive, but man! It could have been.

If it was positive - IN THE MORNING - I was to page the doc and come in for the IUI today. Well, if it would have been positive at 6PM last night, who knows what the schedule would have been. I am such an idiot.

Anyway, enough abusing myself. Everything came out okay. I took a test today and it was still negative, so we'll try again tomorrow. This same thing (not the forgetting, but the two lines one day and not the next) happened last cycle. One day I had a second faint double line and only one single line the rest of the time. Turned out that I was ready to ovulate when I went in for my ultrasound on day 17.

Man, I have to stay more on top of this. What a waste of time and money if I missed my O. Today is day 13, negative test today. I will continue to take a test until Thursday. If still negative I will go in for an ultrasound.

Man oh man I scared myself the last few days...although I must say it was nice to not be completely consumed by cycle days and peeing on a stick.

No comments: