Monday, September 14, 2009

And the story continues

I think I left you on Saturday night with my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, day.

Not much has changed, but some. On Sunday I went in for my daily estradiol draw. I told the nurse I needed to talk to the doc before I left, because I only had enough drugs left for Sunday and Monday morning.

I waited...for 45 minutes in his office, waiting for him to come in. Eventually he did. I explained to him that this was a very big financial burden for us to plop down $1,200 for drugs. I asked him if he was confident that we could get to ovulation. He had mentioned on Saturday how if I'm over stimulated it could lead to an IVF cycle or it could be canceled. I was worried about the cancellation part. He said we should proceed and canceling was just a possibility, but not likely. He spent some good quality time going through my chart to make sure we are doing what we should and we didn't skip a step. He pretty much determined that I most likely have endometriosis judging from my treatments and lack of pregnancies. I knew this could be a possibility, he mentioned it before. I do have a tilted uterus, which is a sign of endo. I have to say, it was very nice to have some quality time going through everything step by step instead of rushing out of there so he could get to his next patient.

The game plan slightly changed from calling in the order for gonal-f from Massachusetts. If it were overnighted I would not get it until Tuesday afternoon. No good, since I didn't have anymore drugs. The alternative...driving 100+ miles to Portland OR to get more Menopur and Follistim. This afternoon Hubs and I drove down, swiped our credit card for $1,300 and drove our broke asses home.

Doc called about 8pm tonight and said my estradiol has shot up again today, so I'm taking tonight off from the Menopur (my hiney is happy!), but tomorrow I start the Follistim. It is in this nifty little pen and the pen has a case and everything. It's very weird to go through all the trouble of loading the pen with the special ampule and needles, etc. I don't know why they do it that way. Why not just use the little diabetic needles? At least this one is injected in my tummy, so Hubby only has to shoot me up once a day. He is very happy about that (and so is my butt).

Anyway, I go in tomorrow for ANOTHER blood draw and later that day for an ultrasound. I am so thankful my office is only about 10-15 mins away from their office and my boss is so flexible with me. It is such a blessing!

To be continued...

3 comments:

Jess said...

You're in my thoughts. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been checking on you almost daily. I am really glad you got some good QT with your RE. It sounds like he is confident.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

finding_ac said...

so..what is the ultrasound for? to check for ovulation or what? i wanna know when you are gonna have a "is the baby there ultrasound" lol

♥ ac