Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm breathing again

Actually, not only am I breathing again...but I'm freaking out because....my test was POSITIVE!!!

Sorry to keep you in suspense all day, but I had to make sure a couple people found out in person instead of reading it on my blog.

Now, don't go getting your hopes up too high. The doctor called it a faint positive. He said the HCG was low, but not low enough to be residual hormones from my HCG injection I got 12 days ago. After I got the call I had to come straight in to their office to get a booster HCG injection. Every three days until next Wednesday I'm to do 2cc's of HCG. I have to wait all the way until next Wednesday to take another test. I think the next 10 days will be more torturous than the last 12. Even if this doesn't work out, at least I know my body isn't completely broken. Just getting a positive is a huge feat!

I've read very little about booster HCG injections, but from what I read the extra HCG tricks your body to make more progesterone which makes a happy home for the little bean. I'm also continuing to take the PIO injections and the doc said he is retesting my progesterone from my blood they took this morning to see if we need to up my dose. Right now I'm only taking 1/2 a cc. I'm done with the baby aspirin since I'm spotting. Hopefully tomorrow the spotting gets better. One of my friends said that she had periods for the first three months with her son. A coworker told me she had a couple of friends to also had periods...I can live with the blood as long as my hormones keep going up.

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers - please keep 'em coming!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am super excited for you especially since you had all the scares and decisions about IVF. This positive is a great.

Amanda said...

Oh yeah! Hopefully the bleeding is just from the implantation then, but I think it's really good that your dr. is offering the HCG and considering upping your progesterone. Sounds like he's being proactive.

melissa said...

A positive is amazing!!! I'm so happy you finally have a test result be a positive, and hopefully this will result in a happy, healthy baby. (Or 2. Or 3. Ha ha.)

finding_ac said...

YAY YAY YAY!! STICY DUST!!!! i want you to be pregs so bad, that when my husband came home i was all "you know that lady online that i met up with?.....shes pregnant- isnt that exciting?!" and then he says "good for her, at least we know it works-good for her!"

so yay....we are all rooting for you!

so even if this isnt a positive to stay, i would celebrate and buy a baby outfit- if it were me! yay!

♥ ac

fellow TTC'er said...

OMG! That is awesome. This just makes everything you went through so worth it. Sticky baby vibes to you.

Jen said...

YEAH!!! I can't believe you didn't call me!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!

Jess said...

Yay! I'm thrilled for you! Hope things continue the way you wish them to. :)