Monday, September 28, 2009

Holding my breath

The spotting I had yesterday is still here. I don't think it has gotten any worse...but it hasn't gotten better either.

I called the doctor's office this morning and talked to the doctor. He just told me to come in for a pregnancy test. I had my blood drawn this morning and I am IMpatiently waiting for my results. The nurse who drew my blood says he typically calls the same day with results. I hope so.

My first reaction when he told me to come in for a test was panic. The test is so final. It is either positive or negative. No gray area. At least with spotting I can teeter on the fence about whether is it my period or not. I'm scared.

I'm scared because this is it no matter what the result. If it's positive then obviously we're done. But if it's negative...we're done for at least a year. We have to not only pay off what we owe to the doctor's office, but we also would need to save for IVF. I'm done messing around with IUI's.

Of course I'll let you know when/if I hear from him today. I have my box of tissues ready...

3 comments:

finding_ac said...

wow...i cant believe it. This is the make it or break it time!!! i got this rush of nervousness for you and i wish blogger had that email verification thing like EBAY does so i can know exactly when you decide to enlighten all of us. Ooh i hope so much that you are pregnant...i just dont know what else to say, cause i am just so nervous for you. Wow it is so weird to want this so much for someone else.

Just promise me, that when you do find out you will take some time out to get together with me.

GOOD LUCK- i really am praying for you right as i write this.

♥ ac

melissa said...

They can tell already? That is crazy! I am waiting anxiously...

fellow TTC'er said...

i'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers for your BFP! when i read your earlier post i was thinking implantation bleeding.