Thursday, September 3, 2009

I guess he's not an idiot

I called the doctor's office first thing this morning and asked about my "sodium chloride". The nurse said it does have lupron it it. He mixed it in that vial, since it had to be diluted.

Ah ha! Makes sense. He did say something about dosing it for me or something like that.

Better to be paranoid than to waste my time injecting myself with dilutant.

I did just give MYSELF my first injection (about 5 minutes ago). I think my hands are still shaking. I wasn't at all nervous as I swabbed my belly and the vial with alcohol, or as I measured it out in the syringe, it wasn't until I had it ready to inject that I froze. I mean...it was like there was a forcefield stopping my hand from stabbing my gut with the needle. I started sweating and shaking and even tearing up. I prayed and prayed (in my work's handicap stall) "please Lord, help me do this, please Lord, help me do this, please Lord, help me do this" After another few moments I finally did it. After I got the needle in I was like "oh crap, now I have to push the plunger" Anyway, I did it. I'm so proud of myself. I'm sure by the end of this I'll be a pro.

2 comments:

melissa said...

you're so brave!!! yay!!

finding_ac said...

forcefield. that was a good one.lol

♥ ac