Friday, September 4, 2009

How did I get here?

I've made it through 6 injections so far. Four in my tummy and two in the hiney. The tummy ones actually aren't so bad. I've decided it's easier to take the slow method of injecting myself. I can't do it like it's a dart. I just bring the needle down and touch my tummy then just keep pushing until it's in. Then slowly inject. When I'm done I do have to pull out quick otherwise it's a little uncomfortable. Until the one I just did a few minutes ago, I haven't really bled at all afterwards. This one I did a little and needed a band-aid, but really it hasn't been bad at all. Even the two Fostimon injections today weren't too bad. Hopefully these next week goes by fast.

Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday I have to go in and have blood drawn. Next Wednesday I'll have an u/s to see how things are going. **grow little follies, grow!**

As I leave you on this lovely Friday evening, I thought I'd share my bounty of drugs and needles. Without any further adieu...


From left: 21 gauge needles, a Ga.torade "sharps" container, 3 Rx bottles of filter needles, 2 10pks of diabetic needles, band-aids, alcohol wipes, and three boxes of Fostimon. The little vial in the front and center is the Lupron.

Oh, and I know it's early, but so far no side effects *knock on wood!* We'll see this weekend if the hot flashes set in.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

1 comment:

finding_ac said...

fingers crossed for no major side effects...as if infertility wasnt hard enough without all those crazy effects!

♥ ac