Thursday, September 24, 2009

I made it through!

The third week in September is the busiest week for our office each year. We host our annual event for about 270(ish) of our members. It's three days long...and each day is packed full of different events. I did a rough estimate of the hours I've worked since Sunday (yes, I went in to the office over the weekend to wrap stuff up) is about 48 - and it's only Thursday. I am exhausted.

While I was gone I had to continue to give myself my PIO shots. Yes, you read right. I had to give MYSELF my PIO shots. Hubby wasn't there and it had to be done. I spent Sunday night watching some videos on Yo.uTu.be about giving PIO shots. I finally got brave enough to do it (but really, what choice did I have?). The first injection I gave myself on Tuesday was easy. I just woke up, walked into the bathroom prepped and stuck it in. I didn't give myself a second to think about it or get all worked up about it. I think that was the best. It went in almost pain free and didn't really bleed much at all.

The second injection on Wednesday morning was a little worse, but still okay. The needle didn't want to go in so that was a little painful, but I survived. Thankfully, I'm home now, so Hubby can do the injections again, but I'm so proud of myself to conquer (again) my fear of needles.

I do have to say that the shots themselves aren't really that bad (nothing worse than the Menopur or the Fostimon), but man, oh, man, is my muscle sore a few hours later. My feet hurt from standing so much all day at work, but every time I sat down my keester would be sore from the shots. AND, the major sensitivity that I was feeling in my nipples is still there for the most part, but in the last few days my boobs are starting to be sore too. So much in fact that it is VERY uncomfortable to "release the girls" at the end of the day. I'm big chested, so the weight of them being "free" really pulls and hurts. You won't hear one peep of a complaint from me though. I'm hoping that all this pain and suffering up to this point will be worth it. We'll know if that's true in about a week.

I of course am expecting a negative result, but I can't help but hope that I will be blessed with just one little embryo sticking. I had my progesterone tested today. Hopefully the numbers will prove that I did for sure ovulate...what that doctor thinks is SIX eggs.

I'll keep you posted on any updates. I think I'm headed to bed shortly (even thought it's only 6:30pm). I'm absolutely exhausted.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Maybe we'll have to call you octomom. Hahaha!!

Trina said...

Jen! Oh my word, you are so brave for giving yourself shots! I think i would do the same though, you don't really want anyone from work helping you... yeah. I'll be praying for you! 6 is great!